I believe we each have a story.
When we tell those stories, we connect with each other and discover more of God's story...And His story is ultimately all about His grace.
If life was perfect, there would be no need for grace.
If we were perfect, we wouldn't need grace. (There would be no sin.)
If others were perfect, we wouldn't need grace. (There would be no need to give grace.)
If our lives were perfect, we wouldn't need grace. (We could handle it all in our own strength.)
But we aren't perfect. Life isn't perfect. As a matter of fact, it's often quite messy. And that's when we need it most, because...
Grace is for the messy times.
It's for the normal days and the crazy days...
The simple times and the silly times.
Because when our messy lives meet genuine faith...There is grace.
It's not just a one-time gift that happened over 2,000 years ago, but a daily (sometimes moment-by-moment) occurence. A gift for me (and you) when we need it most.
What else should you know about me?
- God knew what He was doing when He brought me my husband 12 years ago, although we had no idea what we were in for when we said, "for better or worse, in sickness and in health"!
- We have two incredibly adorable, funny, and talented children (seriously, they are) who routinely fill me with maternal adoration and frustrate me to the point of insanity.
- I am a two-time cancer-overcomer who has navigated both traditional and alternative treatment.
- I am the mom of a child with multiple food allergies, which means we have learned to communicate clearly and succinctly with those in the food preparation industry.
- I love chocolate (probably a little too much) and a good chat with friends over coffee. I am a list-making, type-A, firstborn with a few control issues (OK, maybe more than a few).
- I mourn the loss of my 20-something metabolism and therefore have developed a love-hate relationship with my treadmill (see my love for chocolate above).
- There Is Grace is my place to put "fingers to keyboard" and work out my thoughts on faith, family, and finding grace. I'd love to share more of my story with you!
Like what you've read? Sign up in the sidebar to receive my blog posts via e-mail
and get a FREE printable of 10 Inspirational Scriptures. It's as easy as that! Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Pinterest, too!