10. You can’t remember the last time you weren’t exhausted.
9. You have ever hidden in your closet to eat chocolate because you
didn’t want to share.
7. You have convinced yourself (on more than one occasion) that Golden
Grahams are a perfectly nutritious and satisfying dinner for your family.
6. Fifteen minutes alone in the bathroom is like a slice of heaven.
5. You have ever
threatened prayed, with a sincere heart and clenched teeth,
from the doorway of a darkened bedroom, “Lord, please help Little Johnny’s
tummy, leg, nose, eyes, teeth and everything else feel better. Help him stop
moving and talking and go to sleep so he DOES NOT GET IN TROUBLE!!!”
4. You find yourself saying things your own mother said…
and they’re starting to make sense.3. You have ever realized, while tucking your children into bed, that you did not brush your teeth (shower/eat/insert other vital activity here) today.
2. You have ever realized, while tucking your children into bed, that you
did not feed them dinner!
1. Despite the constant exhaustion, daily stress, recurring moments of frustration, and those stubborn, unwanted pounds, you are proud to be called “Mom” and are thankful for the little ones who do so.
We may not be the June Cleavers, or even the Carol Bradys of our day, but we love our families, work hard to do what’s best for them, and give it our all…even on 3 hours of sleep and 6 cups of coffee! So, here’s a shout-out to all my fellow worn-out Mommies!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Like what you've read? Sign up in the sidebar to receive blog posts via e-mail and get a FREE printable of 10 Inspirational Scriptures. It's as easy as that! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest, too!“So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith” (Galatians 6:9, The Message)
Plus: Read the full story of my journey through cancer to healing in Unshakable: Finding Faith to Weather the Storm. Available now at Amazon.